Understanding Indemnity Coverage
With health care costs on the rise, hospital treatment and stays can be overwhelming. Most plans don’t cover all necessary expenses, but they still need to be paid. Without a plan, the added expenses of health care can leave you tapping into your hard-earned savings to pay for medical needs. Avoid the financial strain with the added protection of an indemnity insurance plan.
Security During Your Time of Need
Continental Care is an indemnity plan of insurance with benefits for hospital, skilled nursing facility and registered nurse services. The plan can help you offset the cost of deductibles, co-pays and additional expenses incurred, but not covered by other insurance plans. This plan allows you to focus on your recovery instead of worrying about finances.
Base Benefits of Indemnity Coverage
- Hospital indemnity: Pays when you are confined in a hospital for at least 24 hours, as defined in the policy. Payable once for each new period of care.
- Private hospital room indemnity: For each day of confinement in a private room. Continental Care will pay a daily benefit of $25. Contact us for the maximum days benefits payable for each period of care.
- Registered nurse indemnity/in hospital and at home indemnity: When confined to a hospital, this plan will pay $30 per shift, maximum of two shifts per day (up to a total of $60), not to exceed 30 days per period of care, for the services of a private duty, graduate or registered nurse. The services must be certified medically necessary by a doctor. The plan will pay $30 per shift, maximum of two shifts per day (up to a total of $60), not to exceed 30 days per period of care, if a doctor certifies that the in-home services of a private duty graduate or registered nurse are medically necessary.
- Skilled nursing facility indemnity: Pays for each day you are confined in a skilled nursing facility (once you have satisfied any elimination period). Base policy pays a minimum $50 daily skilled nursing facility benefit for up to 90 consecutive days for each period of care. (Treatment must follow a hospital stay of at least three days.)
Optional Benefits of Indemnity Coverage
- You can choose to increase your base benefit plan of coverage. Choose from these optional benefits to design a plan that best suits your needs. When purchased, these optional benefits pay in addition to the base plan. The benefits and premiums will vary based on the options you select.
- Skilled nursing facility indemnity: Up to $100 of additional coverage may be purchased in $10 increments. (Treatment must follow a hospital stay of at least three days.)
Elimination period for optional benefits must match the elimination period selected for the base benefit.
- Daily hospital indemnity: Pays for each day of confinement in a hospital, for up to 90 days for each period of care - $30-$250 (in $10 increments). When purchased, these daily benefits are payable in addition to the base plan’s (lump sum) hospital indemnity benefit.
* Limitations and exclusions apply. Contact our office for more details.